About Me

My photo
Seminole, Texas, United States
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on." - Sir Winston Churchill

Friday, July 13

New Understanding of Old Information

My NetFlix choice last week was "Iron Jawed Angels" - WOW. I won't discuss the movie in detail but the subject matter is suffrage and the fight for women to vote.

I remember remarking to my husband during the movie that "this sure is not reflective of what was in our junior high textbooks. We were only told names and dates - they sure never printed anything about the real sacrifices and abuses that those women endured."

I kissed my voter registration card good-night. And said a very grateful "Thank you."

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

Amen. So many people suffered to give us a right too many of us take for granted. When a woman tells me she doesn't have time to vote I want to slap her upside the head!

Amy said...

That is one thing we definitely take time for. And we drag the kids along so they will know how important it is. Pathetic, when about 600,000 people vote for the issues that will affect 12 million here in Los Angeles. If people don't vote, they don't have the right to complain!

And yes, I am thankful that those women did what they did so that we can enjoy the rights we have now.