About Me

My photo
Seminole, Texas, United States
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on." - Sir Winston Churchill

Sunday, February 18

Back in the Saddle

I know I told y'all about the Rodeo Drill Team week before last but Canada sent us a freezing cold winter front that Friday afternoon so we didn't get to practice last weekend like I was anticipating.

But we did get out to the arena yesterday afternoon and today to practice our patterns. We did it all at a walk-trot because we are going to have to have it down pat once we put music to it because that will up the tempo considerably. Add that to the fact that some of the horses don't feel like "dancing" at times and we have our work cut out for us.

I am really excited about taking this project on. The entire team is made up of some really fantastic people and spending the last two afternoons with them was a lot of fun and then some.

I'm going to scan in a couple of our patterns so you can see what I'm talking about.

No comments: