About Me

My photo
Seminole, Texas, United States
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on." - Sir Winston Churchill

Thursday, May 4

Terrorist Gets "SuperMax" for Life

I'm in a bit of a quandary over this one. The southern baptist redneck in me thinks the guy, Zacarias Moussaoui, should get no less than a big ole shot of, er, . . . lethal injection stuff. But then there's the vengeful bitch in me that loves the idea of him being locked up for the rest of his days, in an American prison (hoo hoo hee hee) and being denied his idea of perfection - dying the death of a martyr for his (fanatical) cause.

Don't mistake my opinion expressed herein as any indication that I kept close tabs on the legal wranglings and courtroom press releases regarding this dog turd's trial. I didn't. But my homepage is Yahoo! and invariably every morning I would see the news release headlines which kept me quasi-informed.

So when the headline read "Terrorist Gets Life," it caught more than my attention. It momentarily got my dander up. ("Dander" is redneck terminology for pissed off.) My first thoughts were of all the people who died on September 11, 2001. People just like me who got up every morning and got ready for the day and went to work, probably dropped off their kids at daycare or school on the way. Just like me they stopped and got their morning dose of caffeine to get the blood pumping and the eyes sparkling. They did their jobs, took care of their families, paid their taxes, and rooted for their favorite sports teams. They probably balanced their checkbook every other day, just like me, because they had to keep an eye on the family finances - independently wealthy not being in their vocabulary just like it is not in mine. Then, unlike me, their paths intersected with a group of insane fanatics and their lives were over in an instant.

Then my anger slowly gave way to enlightenment. This guy has been sentenced to his worst nightmare: life in the United States without the freedom or ability to participate in his terrorist buddies' activities. He will not even be able to act as eyes or ears for them. Ergo his usefulness to them is null.

For the first time in a long time (at least since Jeffrey Dahmer) I agreed with the life without parole punishment. Let's face it, we all knew JD's days were numbered once he went behind bars. It was only a matter of time before his skinny white ass was painfully eliminated from that prison's headcount.

At the sentencing hearing, U.S. Judge Leonie Brinkema and Moussaoui shared an entertaining exchange. (I don't know about you but I find it absolutely hilarious when someone who is so completely out of options acts indignant about the predicament they've put themselves in.)

Moussaoui: "America, you lost . . . I won. God save Osama bin Laden - you will never get him."

Judge: "Mr. Moussaoui, when this proceeding is over, everyone else in this room will leave to see the sun . . . hear the birds . . . and they can associate with whomever they want. You will spend the rest of your life in a supermax prison. It's absolutely clear who won. You came here to be a martyr in a great big bang of glory, but to paraphrase the poet T.S. Eliot, instead you will die with a whimper. You will never get a chance to speak again and that's an appropriate ending."

And now, I have saved the best for last. Moussaoui's mama wailed over the fate of her poor baby boy: "Now he is going to die in little doses. He is going to live like a rat in a hole. What for? They are so cruel."

How can I adequately express my gales of laughter after reading this woman's comments? What for?! What for?! I'll tell you what for, you ignorant bitch! It's for the 2,000+ innocent lives lost on September 11, 2001! It's for the parents who lost their children, it's for the children who lost their parents, it's for the wives and husbands who lost their life partners! And I say the same thing to the idiots (INCLUDING THE AMERICAN IDIOTS) who scream about the US shouldn't be in Iraq. Those idiots with their selective memories who conveniently do not mention the September 11th attacks on America whenever they talk about the war on terrorism.

To them I say: Shove your American citizenship up your ass and move to the Middle East. You're not needed nor wanted here.

No comments: