About Me

My photo
Seminole, Texas, United States
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on." - Sir Winston Churchill

Monday, May 15

Politics Ain't for Sissies!

I've previously mentioned Hubby's elected official employment status. I've occasionally mentioned the meager income said elected official employment comes with. What I have not mentioned to this point is the up-to-yer-eyeballs level of bulls*** that also comes with being an elected employee of the public.

Before we get started, let me give you a couple of my own observances in bullet-point format:
* The general voting public is a hell of a lot LESS informed than given credit for.
* The general voting public rarely, if ever, puts its brain into gear before revving up its mouth.
* The general voting public absolutely positively REFUSES to be held accountable for any of its actions. There is always somebody somewhere who is responsible but "it ain't me!"
* The general voting public is by and large AMAZINGLY inconsiderate and ungrateful when it comes to the thankless job and lost family time that public servants give of themselves.

Now don't get me wrong. I'm not whining about living with the circumstances that we knew we were signing up for. I'm merely voicing my flabbergasted realization about being part of an elected administration. I don't actually work for Hubby's department but I consider myself an integral part of his personal support team. Because let me tell you, folks around here will crawl through broken glass on their hands and knees to make sure you hear something negative before they will dial the phone to repeat something positive. And that is the honest truth.

Personal experience explains why there are so few good people in politics.

No comments: