About Me

My photo
Seminole, Texas, United States
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on." - Sir Winston Churchill

Wednesday, November 30

The Speed of Life

I'm sure that title has been put to good use more than once by some author or other to make big bucks in the published world but I'm using it anyways.

It seems like just last week I was out here posting a blog and catching up with others but apparently not.  It's been MONTHS since I've been out here. And that does not make me happy.

Wanna know why?

Because that means that life is just flying by and I don't seem to have a handle on catching the moments when they happen.  I still can't believe it's been almost 3 years since we relocated after the Husband's lost re-election.  But it still seems like a whole other lifetime ago.

The Bear is in 2nd grade already talking about the 3rd.  He is testing for his green belt in karate this week.  His soccer team got 2nd place last week for the season.  We are two weeks into owning a pig named Olivia that he will be showing at the stock show in January.  Then baseball starts in March.

Whew!  But I guess being busy with an active and outgoing kid is better than sitting around watching reruns on tv and increasing my imprint on the sofa cushions.

We've increased our "travel" calendar to include a week in the mountains for skiing and snowboarding at Christmas.  So along with the two weeks in summer and the one week in May, four weeks of vacation a year is something to appreciate.  And I do.

I hope the next time I'm out here it's not months down the road but only a few days or maybe a week.

And there's CHRISTMAS to get ready for!!!!!

1 comment:

Simply Suthern said...

Yea, I'd say it has been a while.

It is incredible how time flies by tho. Seems last week I was putting the Christmas stuff away.

If you find that Handle, let me know.

Sounds like you have had an eventful Fall.