About Me

My photo
Seminole, Texas, United States
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on." - Sir Winston Churchill

Thursday, July 23

American Citizens FIRST!!!!!!

Damnit!!

This is seriously pissing me off, people. I don't give a crap what anyone says but I completely agree with the hospital's decision to kick this guy back to his Guatemalan curb.

With our country in the midst of a healthcare shakedown, the last thing we need to be doing is footing a multi-million dollar medical bill for someone who is not even a legal citizen. I understand humantarian compassion but quite frankly, I'm all out.

And here's why:

Two years ago my toddler son required surgery on his right knee to remove a large cyst that threatened normal development of the knee joint. WE HAD HEALTH INSURANCE. The deductible was $1,000 for hospitalization. Okay. After insurance paid all but the deductible, we would be responsible for the remaining $1,000.

THE HOSPITAL WOULD NOT ADMIT MY SON UNTIL I PAID AT LEAST $500 CASH!!

WTF?!!??!!!??!!

I'd be interested to know how much the Guatemalan citizen paid towards his American healthcare. Not a damn dime, I'll betcha!

No comments: