About Me

My photo
Seminole, Texas, United States
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on." - Sir Winston Churchill

Sunday, April 26

Life Updated

I didn't think I would be writing a post like this again after we moved to my husband's hometown to begin our lives anew and raise a family.

What's that saying about the best laid plans?

Some of you know that my husband was the Sheriff of our county and that in last year's election he was defeated by 12 votes. We lost about 165 votes to the Democratic primary - Democrats that supported my husband but felt very strongly the need to vote in their own primary. In a county of 1,800 registered voters, every single vote counts.

So, after the loss of his job (last day December 31, 2008), we found ourselves in the position of figuring out what we were going to do to support our family yet stay out here in a small town that has a very weak economy. After struggling for almost a year, we have made a very big decision. One that we fought with and really did not want to admit was what needed to happen.

We will be relocating closer to Austin, Texas in the next couple of weeks. My husband has accepted a position with a police department in small resort town. The pay is very well and we will be moving into a very nice new home. Our son will be going to a small well-rated school that is nearby.

Although we are going to have good changes, there are some Mason things that we will miss. We are renting our house to a friend who will take care of my horses so that I will not have to sell them. We have made some very dear friendships here and hopefully the connections will remain.

I'm going to try to keep this blog updated better. So many times I feel the pull to blog about something that catches my attention or something personal that I want to share but then I get distracted and the blogging opportunity passes by.

I'm hoping to start doing better.

No comments: