My little soapbox is set up at the end of this post - jLow
WHAT COSTS MORE PER YEAR THAN THE IRAQ WAR?
Friends, this is from an accurate source . . . something worthy of our attention and concern.
Illegal Aliens Cause Massive Cuts For US Seniors
December 4, 2007
I hope the following 14 reasons are forwarded over and over again until they are read so many times that the reader gets sick of seeing them. I have included the URL's for verification of the following facts:
1. $11 Billion to $22 billion is spent on welfare to illegal aliens each year. http://tinyurl.com/zob77
2. $2.2 Billion dollars a year is spent on food assistance programs such as food stamps, WIC, and free school lunches for illegal aliens.
3. $2.5 Billion dollars a year is spent on Medicaid for illegal aliens.
4. $12 Billion dollars a year is spent on primary and secondary school education for children here illegally and most of whom cannot speak English.
5. $17 Billion dollars a year is spent for education for the American-born children of illegal aliens, known as "anchor babies."
6. $3 Million Dollars a DAY is spent to incarcerate illegal aliens.
7. 30% percent of all Federal Prison inmates are illegal aliens.
8. $90 Billion Dollars a year is paid to illegal aliens for Welfare and Social Services by the American taxpayers.
9. $200 Billion Dollars a year in suppressed American wages are caused by the illegal aliens.
10. The illegal aliens in the United States have a crime rate that's 2 1/2 times that of white non-illegal aliens.
11. During the year of 2005 there were 4 to 10 MILLION illegal aliens that crossed our Southern Border along with as many as 19,500 illegal aliens from Terrorist Countries. Millions of pounds of drugs, cocaine, meth, heroin and marijuana crossed into the U. S from the Southern border. Homeland Security Report.
12. The National Policy Institute "estimated that the total cost of mass deportation would be between $206 and $230 billion or an average cost of between $41 and $46 billion annually over a five year period."
13. In 2006, illegal aliens sent home $45 BILLION in remittances back to their countries of origin. See number 8 above.
14. "The Dark Side of Illegal Immigration: Nearly One Million Sex Crimes Committed by Illegal Immigrants In The United States."
Total cost is a whooping... $338.3 BILLION A YEAR!!!
Snopes is provided for doubters:
The United States Senate voted to extend Social Security Benefits to Illegal Aliens beginning in 2008.
The following are the senators who voted to give illegal aliens Social Security benefits. They are grouped by home state.
Alaska: Stevens (R)
Arizona : McCain (R)
Arkansas : Lincoln (D), Pryor (D)
California : Boxer (D), Feinstein (D)
Colorado : Salazar (D)
Connecticut : Dodd (D), Lieberman (D)
Delaware : Biden (D), Carper (D)
Florida : Martinez (R)
Hawaii : Akaka (D), Inouye (D)
Illinois : Durbin (D), Obama (D)
Indiana : Bayh (D), Lugar (R)
Iowa : Harkin (D)
Kansas : Brownback (R)
Louisiana : Landrieu (D)
Maryland : Mikulski (D), Sarbanes (D)
Massachusetts : Kennedy (D), Kerry (D)
Montana : Baucus (D)
Nebraska : Hagel (R)
Nevada : Reid (D)
New Jersey : Lautenberg (D), Menendez (D)
New Mexico : Bingaman (D)
New York : Clinton (D), Schumer (D)
North Dakota : Dorgan (D)
Ohio : DeWine (R), Voinovich(R)
Oregon : Wyden (D)
Pennsylvania : Specter (R)
Rhode Island : Chafee (R), Reed (D)
South Carolina : Graham (R)
South Dakota : Johnson (D)
Vermont : Jeffords (I), Leahy (D)
Washington : Cantwell (D), Murray (D)
West Virginia : Rockefeller (D)
Wisconsin : Feingold (D), Kohl (D)
Now for jLow's Soapbox:
Quite frankly, I'm sick and tired of hearing about how much the Iraqi War is costing the U.S. Guess what? I think it's one of the best things we can be spending money on right now. I think it's a whole lot smarter and better spent than the billions used to support Mexico. And you know why we support Mexico, right? Because corrupt leaders in Mexico have created a dog eat dog mentality and dogs don't set up social services. So that leaves us to deal with the influx of people (bottom-of-the-foodchain criminals included) who come to the U.S. for a better life of living on our charity. Meanwhile, our law-abiding senior citizens who more than likely put 50+ years into the American workforce are left to scratch by on poverty level social security checks and still cannot afford the medications they need. But over in the barrio they damn sure get their food stamps, WIC, welfare checks, and free medicine. I SEE SOMETHING VERY WRONG WITH THIS, PEOPLE. And you should, too. If you don't then I'm sure won't mind living off your children because there won't be a dime for you if you haven't already set up your own retirement fund along with the taxes you pay with every paycheck.
The Iraqi War is money well spent in comparison to the idiocy of illegal support. The goal, whether you are smart enough to figure it out or not, is to obliterate terrorism and liberate people just like you and me: people who just want to do their jobs and support their families and hopefully by each generation provide better for their children. They just want the terroristic boot off their necks so they can live peacefully with their families and their neighbors. They want to know that they can go to their chosen cultural center and not fear a suicide bomber killing innocent people while they just live their lives. Have you seen pictures from Iraq? Numerous soccer games are being played because the children and their parents feel safe enough to come outside because the America soldiers are on watch now. When's the last time your child played outside and you feared for their safety because of bombs or ricocheting bullets? That's what I thought. If you think that the U.S. forces need to pull out of Iraq and leave that country to try to attain democracy on its own, then you won't have a problem packing your bags and moving over there. I am sick and tired of people crowing about how we need to get out of Iraq but they damn sure wouldn't be there voluntarily themselves. To those people, I say "SHUT THE HELL UP!"