About Me

My photo
Seminole, Texas, United States
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on." - Sir Winston Churchill

Tuesday, June 19

Another First?!

I have a bright aqua green slip of paper in front of me. It requires the everyday parental and medical and emergency contact information. Plus it demands my signature at the bottom.

It is the permission slip for the Bear to attend his first ever Vacation Bible School at the local Lutheran church. First thing Monday morning he will board our church van (with his other little classmates) and ride the entire four blocks to participate in this summer's "Great Barrier Reef" bible school curriculum.

And while I know he will enjoy himself immensely and create all manner of bible-based arts and crafts, there is the little part of my heart that mourns the toddler of yesterday.

Was it really 3 years and 2 months ago that we took that first ride home from the hospital with a little peanut barely weighing 6 lbs and 7 oz?

On towards the next milestone . . .

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

Milestone, indeed. I now have an 8th grader. What the...?

And thank you for posting something, anything, so that I didn't see that horrible spider when I clicked on your page!