About Me

My photo
Seminole, Texas, United States
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on." - Sir Winston Churchill

Wednesday, December 20

I must be insane!

So we're right smack in the middle of the Christmas holidays out here: getting ready for the big night at home and with family, preparing for all the various and sundry events at work (church), baking every shape and size and flavor of holiday snack-sweet-bread-dish, etc.

Guess what I decided I need to do right in the middle of all this? I decided last night that I need to organize my "recipe hole." The "recipe hole" is one entire upper cupboard in my kitchen where, for the past 3 or so years, I have tossed countless scraps of paper and index cards and food 'zine pages upon which a recipe had been spied. It presented a very real danger to one's eyesight/nose to open the cupboard door lest the contents come flying out haphazardly. Opening the door has not been an enjoyable task.

Anyhoo, I figured now is as good a time as any to get it all wrangled and organized into some sort of order or something. Right now I am just trying to get it in one pile in one spot on my desk in hopes that maybe some time before next Christmas I can have it in a notebook or something that I can actually use on occasion.

I usually enjoy an exercise in organization but this is one that I fear is going to be somewhat painful.

No comments: