About Me

My photo
Seminole, Texas, United States
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on." - Sir Winston Churchill

Friday, December 15

Cookies for Santa

Several years ago when I was single and childless with dreams of a very handsome wonderful Husband (check!) and adorable little ones (check!), I made some of my first "Mommy" purchases to be safely kept until needed. I bought six big Children's Treasury books: Bible Stories, Mother Goose, Fairy Tales, Christmas Stories, Peter Rabbit, and Bedtime Stories. These books were going to be critical to me reading to my children every night before I tucked them into bed. One of my other purchases was a plate and cookie cookbook set: Cookies for Santa. I have carried these items around with me from move to move, carefully packed in boxes until the blessed days came for me to utilize them.

The Cookies for Santa plate and cookbook are going to be used for the first time next week when the Bear and I work together in the kitchen to bake up his first batch of cookies. I cannot even begin to describe how excited I am about this upcoming event. Of course, I may be singing a totally different tune once I have to clean flour out of floor tile crevices and dried egg white out of stove burners. But I am going to delight in every minute of it.

And by the way, I have it on good authority that Santa would very much enjoy these Chocolate Marshmallow Sandwich Cookies.



MERRY CHRISTMAS ! ! !

No comments: