About Me

My photo
Seminole, Texas, United States
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on." - Sir Winston Churchill

Wednesday, October 18

A Love Letter

We met six years ago today. Six years? I vaguely remember my life before you. Was it even my life? It sures seems like it was someone else's that I was just observing. It's true what they say about soulmates. "Soul mates are locked at the heart and written in the heavens, promised to find one another when the time is right."

Six years ago we were just getting to know each other and realize that something much bigger than our dumb luck brought us together. There's no logistical expert on earth who could have pulled off the two of us meeting when we did given what was going on in both our lives. But we know Who is responsible. He's led us every step of the way since this day six years ago.

Remember when we first met and you told me that you were never getting married again and you were never having any more kids? Remember? Aren't you so glad that He had other plans?

I look back on our first six years together and I send up a prayer of thanksgiving for the love of a lifetime. I know not everyone gets theirs. I also send up a prayer for continued blessings in that He grants us another sixty years together. I want to raise our beautiful son together and show him by example how a husband and wife can be in love and be friends. Show him that when you love someone you always respect them and hurting them is something that you never want to do. Show him that having faith in God will always lead him in the right direction in life and in love.

And although sometimes life seems to get in the way, I want you to know that every day I thank God for the gift of you. My husband. My friend. My lover. My soulmate.

And yes, I continue to experience overwhelming moments.

I love you so.

~your Wife

_____________________________________


Every long lost dream led me to where you are
Others who broke my heart they were like northern stars
Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road that led me straight to you.

(Rascal Flatts)



Ain't it funny the turns life puts you through?
Don't know what's 'round the bend,
and you don't know where it's leadin' to.
You close your eyes, say a prayer, and take it on the chin.
It's the darndest thing when it comes back again.
Baby, I though that love was over and gone forever.
Never gonna come back to me, never gonna hold me again.
But your love pounds in my heart like thunder,
flashes through me like lightning, making me believe again.

(Brooks & Dunn)

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

Congratulations, you two! May you truly have 60 more!