About Me

My photo
Seminole, Texas, United States
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on." - Sir Winston Churchill

Monday, April 24

The New Family Jackass


Nope, I'm not referring to my brother's ex-wife or a bitchy stepmother or the uncle who drinks himself into oblivion at family gatherings. I'm happy to introduce our newly adopted donkey named Peso (pronounced "pizza" by my 2 year-old).


I don't know how much experience any of you have with donkeys but this lil guy is a sweetie pie! He has gotten to where he follows me where ever I go when I am outside with him. It might have something to do with the fact that I always give him a treat (sweet oats or an apple) but then again, he could just like me because he knows I'm an animal lover and he's a pet now. Not livestock, not for working (well, he does sorta have a part time job chewing down the grass on our 10 acres) - he is now living a life of leisure at Casa de Low aka Muddy Feet Farms.

Although Peso and Hank (the Cowdog) do not exactly see eye to eye at the present time, we are hopeful that they will be able to work out their differences in the near future. ('Cause Peso could seriously whoop some Cowdog butt!)

Now if I can talk Hubby into some guinea hens (great for eating deer ticks and Texas fire ants) and some goats! yeeeee-HAW!

No comments: